Mircea Tipescu and Trevor Copeland to Present at the Medical Device Patents: Comprehensive and Practical Prosecution and Litigation Strategies for an Evolving IP Landscape Seminar
Mircea Tipescu and Trevor Copeland will speak at ACI's Comprehensive and Practical Prosecution and Litigation Strategies for an Evolving IP Landscape at the InterContinental Chicago on March 4-5.
Mr. Tipescu will speak as part of a panel session entitled, 'Testing the NPE Waters – Evaluating Whether ‘Trolls’ are Targeting the Medical Device Space; Discussing Choice of Venue Issues,' on March 5 at 4:00 pm. The session will address:
- Evaluating the “threat” of litigation by non-practicing entities or trolls
- Is litigation commonly brought by non-practicing entities?
- Analyzing venue considerations
Mr. Copeland will present in the session entitled, 'Ethics and Medical Devices IP: Inequitable Conduct and New PTO Ethical Rules,' on March 5 at 4:30 pm. The session will discuss:
- USPTO Spotlight: What are the OED’s expectations of attorneys in this space?
- Understanding when to raise the inequitable conduct defense under the continually evolving Therasense standard
- Avoiding ethical quagmires in the IPR/PGR space for life sciences companies
On behalf of Brinks Gilson & Lione, you will receive $300.00 off registration for this event. Please mention 'BGL300' at the time of registration to utilize this discount.
Click here for more information or to register.