Manish Mehta and Laura Lydigsen to Present at ACI's Paragraph IV Disputes Master Symposium
September 30-October 1, 2014
Manish Mehta and Laura Lydigsen will speak at ACI's Paragraph IV Disputes Master Symposium on September 30 at the InterContinental in Chicago.
Mr. Mehta will be a panelist for the session entitled, 'Analyzing the Evolving Utilization of IPR and Other PTO Proceedings in Paragraph IV Litigation: Brand Name and Generic Perspectives' on September 30 at 2:45 p.m. The panel will discuss actual and anticipated uses of inter partes review in a Paragraph IV scenario, including:
- Survey of recent IPR filings and dispositions
- Understanding why the PTAB may exercise its discretion to hear certain IPR petitions despite settlement in these matters
- Exploring uses of IPR for second, third, and subsequent ANDA fliers
Ms. Lydigsen will serve as a moderator for the panel entitled, 'Understanding the Importance of Abiding by Local Rules: A Magistrate’s Perspective,' on September 30 at 3:45 p.m. The panel will discuss how key jurisdictions where Paragraph IV disputes are heard have their own local patent rules, including jurisdictions that have a subset of local rules for Hatch-Waxman matters. The panel will examine:
- Schedule setting rules
- Applicable discovery rules
- Trial procedures under local rulesn Paragraph IV Litigation: Brand Name and Generic Perspectives'.
Click here for more information or to register.