Jeff Nichols to Present at ACI's 15th Advanced Summit on Life Sciences Patents
On February 28, 2017, Jeff Nichols will be presenting, "Tackling the Offensive and Defensive Sides of Inter Partes Reviews," at the ACI 15th Advanced Summit on Life Sciences Patents in New York, NY.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Comparing and contrasting IPR decisions to date: how to effectively use the IPR process
- Strategic use of PTAB procedures by hedge funds investors and review of first set of written decisions
- Coalition for Affordable Drugs II LLC v. Cosmo Technologies, IPR2015-00988 (holding for patentee due to petitioner failing to show motivation to combine)
- Coalition for Affordable Drugs II LLC v.NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc., case numbers IPR2015-00990 and IPR2015-01093,(holding for Kyle Bass that the prior artrelied on renders the claims obvious and the petitioner was unable to persuade otherwise)
- Best practices for appearing before the PTAB: avoiding procedural pitfalls including timing and page- limit requirements